April 07, 2008

Civilization

I go to practice dance almost everyday. Today, I also went to practice. I have much time to practice because I don't work now. So, I feel I am far from civilization. I don't know what civilization is actually.... But, anyway I just feel the sense of something lost and I feel I'm in vacation or not in the real world. When I come up with this idea, I'm half laughing...

Speak to civilization, Haruki Murakami said in the "Hear The Wind Sing".

Civilization is transmission. When it comes to pass that things that should be expressed and transmitted get lost, civilization itself comes to an end. Click...Off (qtd in Haruki Murakami, 26)

I agree with this notion. Civilization is easy to end; therefore people try to keep it.

2 comments:

  1. Because we are far from the civilization and the real business world, life as a student in here required us to manage ourselves strongly, isn't it? I think that we have to keep in mind that this is not the real world until we go back to our country. If we forget that, it will be difficult to adjust ourselves to our new job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly. If we forgot that, our value has gone too. This 1.5 years is like vacation, but it is also hardest time for us because we can chose be lazy or strick..

    ReplyDelete